ASD Limited t/a Kloeckner Metals UK
This Privacy Notice explains the different types of personal data we might collect, how we will store and process your personal data and how we will keep it safe.
1.Who are we?
ASD Ltd t/a Kloeckner Metals UK
Registered office: Valley Farm Road, Stourton, Leeds, LS10 1SD
Tel: +44 (0)113 254 0711
Fax: +44 (0)113 272 1689
Co Registration number: 1370600
2. When might we collect your personal data?
We might collect your personal data:
- When you visit our websites and buy products or services from us;
- When you buy products or services from us over the phone;
- When you respond to any of our social media postings or campaigns;
- When you visit any of our premises that are protected by CCTV;
- When any of our suppliers or business partners share your information with us;
- From information you have completed on any surveys;
- If you have attended any of our events or promotions;
- If you have contacted us asking for information about any of our products or services;
- If we need to collect your personal data for legal reasons for example completing accident report forms;
- If you apply to work for us we will collect information needed for your job application.
3. The types of personal data we collect.
We will only ever ask you for information that we need and is relevant. The personal data we might ask for includes;
- Your name, address, date of birth, email address and telephone number;
- Information about which of our branches processes your order and/or delivers your goods;
- If you have opened an account with us we will keep details of your login (these will be kept in an encrypted format so that no one else can use them);
- Details of any credit check that we might have made before deciding whether to offer you credit;
- written notes of telephone conversations either on computer or on paper. We may also record any complaints or issues that you might have when you contact us;
- CCTV images (if you have visited any of our premises).
4. Why do we need your personal data?
In order to be able to provide you with the products and services that you need and to maintain our relationship with you, we might need to store or process the personal data you have provided us with. We may also need to pass your data to one of our business partners so that they can help us to provide you with the goods or services you have asked for. Your personal data will only ever be used for the purposes of customer management, product surveys or marketing to the appropriate degree. We will neither sell, market nor disclose your data in any other way to third parties. If we do have to use the services of third parties, we will make sure that they have security measures in place to keep your data safe.
The sorts of people we might share your personal data with include:
- Delivery couriers and postal firms
- IT companies who support our systems and website
- Marketing companies who work for us to help us run our electronic communications
- Sub-contractors who might act on our behalf and help us provide the service to you
Where we do share your data, we would only provide the information that is needed for the specific purpose and the third party will only be able to use your data for that purpose. The third parties will be people we trust to ensure that your privacy is respected at all times and they will be contractually obliged to keep your data safe. When they no longer work with us they will be expected to delete your data or make sure that it is anonymised.
We may also pass your data to third parties where we have a legal obligation to share information such as with the police or other regulatory or Government bodies.
5. The legal reasons for collecting your personal data
We will only collect your personal data if we have a legal reason for doing so. This might one or more of the following:
Consent – This is where you have consented to us having your personal data. You might have agreed that we can send you such things as details of our promotions or products and services or our newsletters. If you have consented, we may send you personalised information about products and services that we thing you would be interested in based on orders that you might have placed with us in the past of things that you might have looked at on our website. You can at any time change your mind and tell us that you no longer want to hear from us or that you want to change the way you receive information from us by clicking on this link.
Compliance – In order to comply with legal requirements such as health and safety laws and tax laws, we may need to collect and process your data.
Contractual obligations – If we have a contract with you we will need to collect and process your personal details so that we can fulfil our contract.
Legitimate interest – this is where we might use your personal data to meet a reasonable business interest as long as we are not significantly impacting your rights. We might send you information about any of our products and services and events, that we think you might be interested in.
Cookies are small text files that are transferred to your device, where they are stored and retrieved by the web browser you use. The data stored in a cookie can make it possible to recognize your web browser when you visit again.
Regardless of the type of cookies used, you always have the choice of whether or not to accept them.
|Name||Category||Duration of storage||Provider||Purpose||Legal basis||Necessary|
|_ga||cookie value||2 years||Google Ireland Ltd.||Analysis of user behavior||Art. 6 (1) f) DS-GVO||no|
|_gat||cookie value||1 minute||Google Ireland Ltd.||Preparation of the analysis of usage behavior||Art. 6 (1) f) DS-GVO||no|
|_gid||cookie value||1 day||Google Ireland Ltd.||Advertising as part of the analysis of user behavior||Art. 6 (1) f) DS-GVO||no|
|borlabs-cookie||cookie value||1 year||borlabs||Storage of cookie preferences||Art. 6 (1) f) DS-GVO||yes|
|PHPSESSID||cookie value||Session||WordPress||Storage of session values||Art. 6 (1) f) DS-GVO||yes|
Our website can be used without cookies as well. You can also delete stored cookies at any time. This applies in particular to persistent cookies. Please note, however, that this may lead to technical limitations in the display of our website or to navigation restrictions.Cookie settings
7. How we keep your personal data safe
We will always treat your personal data with respect and care. All of our employees have been briefed on data protection laws and are contractually obliged to protect your personal data. We will make sure that all our suppliers and business partners have a contractual requirement to protect your personal data and to follow our code of conduct.
We will never keep your personal data for any longer that we need to. We have reviewed our processes to make sure that when we no longer need your personal data for the purpose for which it was collected, we will delete it from our systems.
8. Transferring your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
We currently do not transfer personal data outside the EEA. If we ever do need to do this (for example to process an order) we will make sure that we have procedures in place to ensure that your data receives the same protection that it receives when it is processed inside the EEA. Our suppliers will have contractual obligations to follow our standards and to comply with all applicable laws and this Privacy Notice.
9. Your rights
You have the right to copies of any of the personal data that we hold about you and as far as we are able to, we will provide this in an easy to understand format. We may not be able to do this if the data has been received from a third party or it is in a technical format that does not easily translate. If the data is incorrect or incomplete you can ask us to correct it. If you ask us to do this, we will need you to verify your identity before we can make any changes or supply any information to you. To do any of these things please contact us at:
ASD Ltd t/a Kloeckner Metals UK
Tel: +44 (0)113 254 0711
Fax: +44 (0)113 272 1689
If you are unhappy with the way that we have responded to your requests or you have any other concerns about the use of your personal data, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on telephone number 0303 123 1113 or you can access further information and advice on the ICO website at www.ico.org.uk